Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Weight Watchers Southern Style Oven Fried Chicken Recipe

So it turns out that you are supposed to use ALL your points. It doesn't help if you leave some left over. I was thinking I was doing a good thing by not eating all my points everyday. Not so much.
So I'm gonna start planning out my meals for the week. I'm also learning how to cook better :) (Poor Jim. I'm trying out all my recipes on him. He has to rate them on a scale of 1 - 5. 5 being something he really enjoys and 1 being something I probably should never make again.)
Tonight I made
Weight Watchers Southern Style Oven Fried Chicken Recipe

Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pam Butter Flavored Non-Fat, Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 3 oz buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs, crushed finely
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces*
* You can use chicken wings and drumsticks with this recipe as well, just make sure to remove the skin
Directions:
Preheat oven to 365ºF. Lightly coat an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with the butter flavored nonstick, non-fat cooking spray; set aside.
Combine flour, salt, pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper together in a medium-size bowl. Place buttermilk and corn flakes crumbs in 2 separate shallow bowls.
Roll chicken breast halves in flour mixture and evenly coat each side. Next dip chicken into buttermilk and then corn flakes crumbs.
Place coated chicken breasts in prepared baking dish. Spray chicken with a light coating of the Butter Flavored non-fat cooking spray. Bake until chicken is tender and no longer pink, about 25 to 30 minutes (there is no need to flip the chicken during baking). Makes 4 servings.

Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers Points


REVIEW
On the Jim scale it came in at a 4
My review:
It was really easy to make. It came out really juicy (which I sometimes have trouble with when it comes to baked chicken.) I did make some minor changes to mine. The chicken breast I had were larger so it was a total of 7 points instead of the 4. (I needed to use more points up so it worked out well) Since the chicken was larger I increased the cooking time to about 40 minutes instead of the 25 - 30 minutes. I also Paprika instead of Cayenne pepper. I also used 1 tsp of regular salt instead of the 1/2 tsp of Kosher salt. Overall I gave it a 5. It tasted great and it was really easy to make! (This is coming from someone who not too long ago posted this http://tiggrrl72077.blogspot.com/2008/08/help-me.html)
I forgot to take pictures of it but next time I will.

I got this recipe at http://www.laaloosh.com/ They have tons of WW recipes. I plan to try many more of them and I will review them as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online