Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lane Bryant Review

So I went to Lane Bryant last night. The babies were asleep and my parents had Ben so I got to go by myself. (Woohoo!!) 

I wanted to get some new clothes that I felt good in and I knew they were having a sale. (It's about 8:30 and they close at 9:00) So I walk in and no one even acknowledges me. I look through their clothes and find a couple things I want to try on (Jim would be so proud of me). I took them to the dressing room and the girl puts me in a fitting room barely saying 5 words to me. I try the stuff on and was only happy with one skirt. I walk out and go find a bra I liked. I took it back to the fitting rooms and the same girl points to the room I just came out of. She said "that one is still available" So I go try on the bra and did not like it. But I wasn't feeling very excited about the clothes anymore. I had heard TONS of great things about Lane Bryant and their customer service. This experience was not living up to the hype. I put the bra back and go to the register to buy the skirt that I had found. No one was at the counter. But the Fitting Room Girl came up and said "did you need to be rung up?" I said "Yea" So she radio's (I'm not sure if that is the correct way to write that but you get the idea) for someone else and then walks away. I stood there by the cash register for about 5 minutes. No one came to the register. So I finally just put the skirt on the counter and left disappointed. I was upset with the lack of service I received but I'm not usually one to do anything about it. 

I called my friend Alisha to vent about it and she said "You have to call and complain" So I did. I called and talked to the manager. I told her what had happened and how disappointed I was. I explained that I have a 3 year old and 15 month old twins so I don't get out much by myself which made it even worse because I had actually been able to try stuff on and take some time for me. She apologized for the experience and said if I came back down to the store she would make it up to me. 

So today I finally got the babies to bed and Ben went up to hang out with my dad. I went back to the store today (cautiously optimistic) I walk in and go search for clothes. No one really pays much attention to me. I find the skirt I liked and a couple of shirts. I also grabbed a pair of their Right Fit Jeans (I had gone online a couple days ago and found out I was a RED) I tried them on and hated the way they fit. They were too baggy in the legs. I came out of the dressing room and the sales lady asked how I liked the Right Fit jeans. I said "I wasn't too sure about them" She looked over at them and said "You are NOT a red. Who told you that you were a red?" I said "Uh I looked online and figured it out" She said "No no no! Do you mind if I measure you?" I said "go right ahead" So she measured me and it turns out I am a yellow.  I tried them on and LOVE them! They fit so well. They are really comfortable and look so cute!

I went to the counter to check out. Turns out the lady who had just helped me was the manager I had talked to. She was awesome. She was so helpful and nice. In the end I walked out with $134 worth of clothes for $53. I got two shirts, a skirt and the Right Fit jeans. The shirts and skirt were all on clearance and she gave me a discount on top of that to make up for the lack of service I had received the night before. 

Overall Review - AWESOME. It started out as a horrible experience and I wasn't going to go back to them but they redeemed themselves. The discount really was just icing on the cake. I would have been happy with the service I received today. It really did make up for lack of service I had received last night. 

Here is the results of my shopping experience. (The necklace and bracelet I made today) I love this outfit.   

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Very cute jeans. I shop at Lane Bryant a lot - never thought much about their service, it has always been fine but not stellar. Nice they made up for your bad experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find.!! You look pretty fab. Lane Bryant is my favorite too for plus size clothing. Just got a jeans from there.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online